Benefer family

Interested in Genealogy or looking to trace long lost cousins in the area?

Benefer family

Postby angelataylor » 27 Oct 2012, 23:25

Can anyone tell me where I can find Lol Benefer's story. Also I have got as far back in my family tree as Thomas Richer born in 1771 married to Margaret Snasdell. Has anyone any more information. Many thanks.
angelataylor

Re: Benefer family

Postby EWW » 28 Oct 2012, 00:30

I have moved a thread up in the Lynn Area History section about "Whitening Yard" it is in there.
I do not want thanks for any research I am able to help out with. I just love doing it.
EWW

Postby teddybear1959 » 28 Oct 2012, 18:04

Lol is my great great grandmother and anyone interested in her is welcome to contact me for information.

Teddy
:wink:
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Postby kensky » 02 Nov 2018, 19:06

Hello , I just thought I could help a little. Lol Benefer was my Great,Great Grandma. My Great Grandad was Burke Benefer one of her son's. He fell in love with my Great Grandma, a Gibbs family member who's was related to Amy Johnson, the Aviator, through her sister's marriage. He would bike up to see her in Grimsby often taking two days to get her. And they where married In St,James Church in Grimsby and lived all there life here.I think they had 10 or 11 children and lived in a two up two down house in Garden Street, Grimsby. My Grt grandad was a fisherman and eventually a Skipper. There's is a large family stemming from them here.And many Benefers to carry the name on.My Grandma was.Fanney Ethel Benefer. Who eventually married Jim Tuck. Her sister's where Charlotte," lotty" or lol as one of my daughter's is named, And Irene, or Reeny.My aunt who unfortunately has passed away now made quite a hobby of the family and using church records and stuff ,traced it back quite far. A hobby I believe her daughter still does.
kensky

Postby teddybear1959 » 02 Nov 2018, 19:12

I have, no doubt, been in touch already but I will send you a pm straight away. :)
I am very interested in local history of mid-Norfolk and I have lots of connections to families in the Lynn area. http://www.norfolk-tours.co.uk/
teddybear1959

Return to FAMILY HISTORY in the local area